a specialist motoring lawyer
If you drive a car, taxi or lorry, or ride a motorcycle, the chances are that sooner or later you will face a road traffic prosecution. For most people the consequences of a motoring offence may be limited to an endorsement with penalty points on their driving licence and a modest fine. For others, however, the impact may be far greater including a driving ban, which can result in the loss of a job, a large fine or even imprisonment.
The law relating to driving offences is not straightforward and many solicitors don’t offer help in this area. That's where I differ. I am a specialist motoring solicitor with with an excellent track record and experience of representing clients in the courts of Kent, Surrey, Sussex and London for nearly 30 years.
Receiving a "Notice of Intended Prosecution", a summons or being charged at a police station can be extremely stressful when the implications of a driving conviction may be disqualification or worse.
It is important to act quickly and with a sense of purpose. In these circumstances I will bring good judgement, support and a calm and clear head.
This is how I can help:
Thanks to David Barton's in-depth knowledge, he was able to control a seemingly impossible situation.
- I offer straightforward expert legal advice
- I guide you through all stages of proceedings
- I will assess your legal position and advise you honestly
- I will tell you the best options open to you and help you achieve the best result based on the realities of your case
- I won’t waste time or money or unfairly raise your expectations
- I can’t work miracles if you are in the wrong but I can help you if you are in the right
On my website you will find resources and information that help explain some everyday aspects of motoring law. However there is no substitute for swift specialist advice and if you have received a Notice of Intended Prosecution, been summoned or charged, time is of the essence so call me on:
01580 292409 or
- Higher fines for motoring offences
Published Jul 10, 2014
- Excessive Speed
Published Jul 3, 2014
- Drug Driving Limits Clarified
Published Apr 29, 2014
- Laser Jammers and the law
Published Mar 5, 2014
- Kent police Christmas drink drive campaign less positive
Published Jan 23, 2014
- ‘Morning after’ drink driving on the increase
Published Jan 6, 2014
- Kent Police Crack Down on Drug & Drink Driving This Summer
Published June 26, 2013
- Causing Injury By Dangerous Driving
Published June 19, 2013
- Quicker bans for motorists who fail eyesight test
Published Mar 13, 2013
- Could your eyesight be making you a dangerous driver?
Published Nov 15, 2012
- Justice for the Motorist is not a Game
Published Aug 29, 2012
- Driving in Europe in Summer 2012
Published Jul 16, 2012
- Driving in France in the Summer of 2012
Published Jul 3, 2012
- Fixed Penalty for careless drivers & motoring fines to rise?
Published June 20, 2012
- Late payment – a nice windfall for the Government!
Published June 7, 2012
- Mobile myth busting: "if I text someone who is driving will I go to prison?"
Published May 23, 2012
- Section 172 Notices and invalid prosecutions
Published Apr 2, 2012
- Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive
Published Feb 14, 2012
- Motoring fines could be increased to £100 to fund victim surcharge
Published Feb 14, 2012
- Police to tackle drug drivers
Published Jan 26, 2012