About David Barton
30 years experience
I qualified as a solicitor in 1982 and have represented drivers involved in road traffic prosecutions all my working life. In fact the very day I qualified I represented a motorist who had been summoned for driving without insurance.
In the last 30 years as a motorists' solicitor I have represented hundreds of clients in connection with all types of driving offences.
I do all the work
I am a Solicitor Advocate which means I can help and represent you in Magistrates' Courts and Crown Courts. Not all solicitors can do this.
Because I am a specialist motorists’ lawyer, I am the only person in my firm who will deal with your case. I won’t pass it to an unqualified clerk or caseworker. I will advise you, prepare your case and attend Court with you until it is finished.
In complex cases there are occasions when I have to work with other specialists, for example accident reconstruction experts, or those qualified to analyse CCTV footage or speed detection equipment. When that is necessary I know who to work with.
You will find me to be clear, concise and accessible.
Thanks to David Barton's in-depth knowledge, he was able to control a seemingly impossible situation.
My ethos and values
My approach to my work is very simple. If I think you have an arguable case I will work tenaciously to achieve the best possible outcome.
Conversely, I won’t take your time or money pursuing arguments that are unrealistic.
I will tell you honestly and straightforwardly if I do not consider you have a defence or if I don't think you can achieve the outcome you want.
I will provide you with an excellent service, bespoke and tailored exactly to your requirements.
Although I am based in Kent I can and do represent clients across the country and in courts up and down the land.
- Higher fines for motoring offences
Published Jul 10, 2014
- Excessive Speed
Published Jul 3, 2014
- Drug Driving Limits Clarified
Published Apr 29, 2014
- Laser Jammers and the law
Published Mar 5, 2014
- Kent police Christmas drink drive campaign less positive
Published Jan 23, 2014
- ‘Morning after’ drink driving on the increase
Published Jan 6, 2014
- Kent Police Crack Down on Drug & Drink Driving This Summer
Published June 26, 2013
- Causing Injury By Dangerous Driving
Published June 19, 2013
- Quicker bans for motorists who fail eyesight test
Published Mar 13, 2013
- Could your eyesight be making you a dangerous driver?
Published Nov 15, 2012
- Justice for the Motorist is not a Game
Published Aug 29, 2012
- Driving in Europe in Summer 2012
Published Jul 16, 2012
- Driving in France in the Summer of 2012
Published Jul 3, 2012
- Fixed Penalty for careless drivers & motoring fines to rise?
Published June 20, 2012
- Late payment – a nice windfall for the Government!
Published June 7, 2012
- Mobile myth busting: "if I text someone who is driving will I go to prison?"
Published May 23, 2012
- Section 172 Notices and invalid prosecutions
Published Apr 2, 2012
- Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive
Published Feb 14, 2012
- Motoring fines could be increased to £100 to fund victim surcharge
Published Feb 14, 2012
- Police to tackle drug drivers
Published Jan 26, 2012